Sunday, May 27, 2007

More Links on Afghanistan

Two months ago I saw a special on PBS about Afghanistan and the Treasures that the Brave Afghan people saved from destruction by the Taliban. The special included info about the gold treasure (this was priceless history from about 500 AD), it also included the giant Buddha that may be safely hidden under the sands of time near where the two giant Buddha had been destroyed by the Taliban, and the national Film Archive that the Taliban attempted to burn all films but the people at the film archive saved the negatives and kept them hidden, knowing if they were found the Taliban would burn them with the film history of Afghanistan. There was also a short bit about Ahmed Shah Massoud. The part about Ahem Shah Massoud was of particular interest to me [from a military tactics aspect] and I researched it heavily. Here are some links…..Ian Bach http://www3.nationalgeographic.com/places/countries/country_afghanistan.html http://magma.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0311/feature2/
After seeing this PBS special I felt a deep connection to the freedom loving Afghan people. Here is a short video (not related to the PBS special but still good). http://ianbach.com/ahmed-shah-massoud/afghanistan.wmv. I am trying now to find the time to make a small file or files of the 1 hour PBS special.
When I began researching into the life of Ahmed Shah Massoud also known as the “Lion of Panjshir”, I was sad to see such a potential military ally killed by the Taliban two days before 911. See the info I found at: http://www.ianbach.com/ahmed-shah-massoud/
Raffaele Ciriello (deceased) a photo journalists’ last interview with Mr. Massoud. http://www.raffaeleciriello.com/site/pw/sto/46.0010massudeng.arc.html After much research into Afghanistan and Ahmed Massoud, I knew I wanted to help. I began to find and shut down web sites of terrorists. I also began to influence various new media organizations that they must report more on the good things we are doing in Iraq and Afghanistan. Later I put comments that would lead to awareness on issues within and outside of Iraq and Afghanistan.
After reviewing methods of counterinsurgency by Roger Trinquier, I found out where we need to focus our efforts. I am working to create public awareness now on various aspects that we can and need to change on how we wage war and how we interact with local citizens and local insurgents. I have found a reason to wake up in the morning. This is now my full time job and I will not stop. I make no money from this, nor do I wish to. I wish to bring hope to Iraq, Afghanistan, and the World. I continue to influence various News Media organizations and push them to report on the issues that the American public and the World is must know so they can make informed choices.
Update 4-15-2007 Note: when I wrote this I was aware our military had been changing tactics to match the situation, but I did not know how well nor how through/complete it has been. Let me inform you it has changed and will continue to. Our military, Iraqs army and police retrain even if they have been in Iraq on 2 , 3 or 4 Tours of duty. We regulary retrain our men now.
Click link here to here Americas counterinsurgency expert John Nagl speak about this.
Tags: treasure, iraq, afghan, afghanistan, ahmed, shah, massoud, afghanistan Friday March 23, 2007 - 03:03pm (PDT)

No comments: